Monday, April 12, 2010

Pet Peeves

Since becoming a parent, I've encountered a whole new world of pet peeves. And no, I don't mean the constant repetition of phrases a toddler goes through, baby talk, exploding diapers or fire hose spit up sessions. I'm talking about pet peeves of the "adult" persuasion and there are 3 main offenders.

1. Idiot drivers. Particularly idiot drivers in parking lots. Most especially, the idiot parent drivers in school parking lots who just dropped their own children off at school and are now careening through the parking lot as fast as humanly possible while I try to maneuver my 3-year old, 2-year old and 2 month infant, in his car seat, through a minefield of minivans.

2. The non-door holders. These are the lovely individuals who will look right at me, my diaper bag, infant in a car seat slung over one arm and two children holding onto the same hand of the other arm, walk in the door in front of me and then not bother to hold open the door for any of us. This also applies when you have one or several children in a stroller and are attempting to enter or exit an establishment. These lovely people, I'm 99% certain, have a special spot in hell reserved. They'll be the extra hot seats.

3. The close parkers. These are the people who park too frigging close to your car. They either park so very close that you can't open the car door far enough to disengage a child from his/her car seat, or just far enough away that you can get the door open enough to disengage the child but not far enough that you can get the child all the way out without scratching the close parker's car.

If you, or someone you know, are one of these offenders, take heed. Someday you will have to walk a small child through a parking lot or maneuver a small child into a building of some sort. Someday you will have to get a small child out of the back of your car. You will know the frustration of which I speak and you'll have only yourself to blame. If you repent now and start acting accordingly, chances are good, if I ever meet you, I won't be forced to kick you in the head.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your comments, hints, questions, suggestions for future blogs...