Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Guest Blog

A dear friend of mine follows this blog and she wrote me a little blurb today. She's a self-professed Daddy's Girl and in the past few years has grown to appreciate her mother on a whole new level. Although the children I deal with on a daily basis are under the age of 5, it's interesting to think that one day my children may very well be in my position - a parent to a young child. I never really thought about that when I was little. My mom was simply my mom. I assumed she'd always been a mom. She was a professional.

Most days, I feel far from professional at this whole mom thing. I have a moment from time to time, but mostly I feel like a knock off. My friend's blurb struck a cord with me though, so I thought I'd share it with you as well. Perhaps give you a moment to relive your inner child moments, with the wisdom of the years to help you along.

He will always be my favorite. He will give the best hugs. I am 33 and I will still scream in delight when he walks in. He's killed every monster and showed me how to do it. She will be the one who knew. Who sat with me when my heart broke the first time. Who I called to tell everything to, because I always told her everything. She didn't have to be my favorite, she's my MOM. She doesn't hug- she holds. I am 33 and hope to love like her someday. He taught me courage. She taught me strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your comments, hints, questions, suggestions for future blogs...