Thursday, April 1, 2010

Filters

In honor of April Fool's Day, I thought I would compile a little list of the silly, crazy, goofy things kids do that adults (hopefully) do not. Children are born without filters; they learn to start disseminating thoughts from actions at some point in their lives, but my kids haven't reached that point quite yet. So, I get to be constantly amazed, shocked and awed by what spews from their mouths. Take for example:

1. Every morning, my 3-year old announces the color of her underwear...and then proceeds to show them to me.

2. They have no issue sticking their fingers in their noses. As my youngest daughter puts it, "I got some schmutz in there."

3. They announce, quite loudly, "I POOPED!" And then they expect you to clap.

4. They leave the bathroom door wide open. As my oldest puts it, "I don't need any privacy." And lord help you if you try and shut that door, because you'll never have the same hearing capabilities again.

5. They giggle hysterically when they toot...and really, shouldn't we all? I mean, really, who doesn't laugh at fart humor?

6. They pick out clothes that don't even come close to matching...and wear them with pride. Because if there's a kitty on an orange striped shirt and a kitty on a pair of purple polka dot pants and purple hearts on the pink socks, then really, they do all match...somehow.

7. They tell jokes like: Why did the chicken sit on the eggs? Because he didn't have a chair!

8. They'll tell the same joke (see above) over and over and over...and still laugh just as hard as the first time.

9. They insist on doing their own hair...and the barrettes end up attached to exactly 3 strands of hair on the very top of their heads...for approximately 12 minutes...on a good day.

10. They say things like, "My bottom's itchy" while really digging in for a good scratch.

Just a few goofy things kids (or maybe it's just my kids) do on a minute to minute basis. Humor people, it's all about the humor. Happy April Fool's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your comments, hints, questions, suggestions for future blogs...