Friday, March 26, 2010

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

The other day, I asked if any readers had any topics they were interested in reading. One reader, Nana, (my mother, for those of who hadn't already figured that out) wrote in about wanting to know how motherhood has changed me. I'm willing to bet my mom wants the mushy answer to that question, but we'll just see what happens, shall we?

My Hair:

Before Children: My hair was dark blond.

After Children: My hair is dark brown with more gray than I'd prefer to see on a regular basis. The children, throughout 3 pregnancies, literally sucked the blond out of me.

My body:

BC: In high school, I was a size 2. In college a size 4-6. I was in pretty good shape and could wear pretty much anything I liked.

AC: I have stretch marks. I'm familiar with the term "muffin top" on an intimate level. I've gotten to know my lady bits in new and terrifying ways. And I have to work, and I mean WORK, to get back into quasi-decent shape.

Sleep:

BC: I would nap when I wanted for as long as I wanted. I reveled in napping. I would wake up on a Sunday morning, eat breakfast and go back to bed. I was known to get a little pissy if someone interrupted my sleep.

AC: I revel in my children's nap and bedtimes. I miss naps. Whereas before I was known to get a little pissy if someone woke me up, now you better run for it if you interrupt my sleep and plan on continuing to breathe.

Cartoons:

BC: I never watched cartoons. "Adult" or otherwise.

AC: I can sing the theme songs to Curious George, Little Einsteins, Dora, Diego...you get the picture.

Name:

BC: I answered to Maegan, Maegan Ellen, Meg, Megs and occasionally Babe (although that was sure to get you a dirty look and a snide comment)

AC: I answer to Mom, Mommy, Mama, various cries, screaming children, other people's children and if someone calls me Babe, chances are good I'll be flattered.

Those are just a few of the changes I've experienced with motherhood. More to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your comments, hints, questions, suggestions for future blogs...