Friday, October 24, 2008

Solo Weekend

As you know, my husband works and I stay home with the kids. With that particular set up has come compromise, the occasional argument, feeling of bitterness, moments of feeling put out; the list goes on and on and applies to both my husband and myself. For the most part, we work through things, but sometimes the feelings, no matter how ridiculous at the moment, rule the roost.

My husband is a hunter. For him, and his family, pheasant hunting is basically the end all be all. He literally lives for this time of year. I am not a hunter, but it is in his blood and he loves to do it. This year, I decided to really go the extra mile and encourage him to hunt as much as he can during the weekends this fall. Pheasant season basically goes from the 2nd weekend in October through the 1st of the year. Dana works very hard for us at a job that's very physically demanding; he deserves to have some weekends to enjoy himself.

Although he deserves his weekends, I continue to find it difficult to "let" him go out and have fun. It's not that the girls and I don't have fun while he's gone, but when he's gone, I'm literally on duty 24/7 until he gets home. And, if we're being perfectly honest, I'm never really not on duty. Sometimes, I'm simply sharing the duty for a few hours.

So, how do I resolve these feelings? I want my husband to go out and have fun. I want to go out and have fun. I don't want to be bitter about my husband having fun without me. Is it possible to accomplish all the aforementioned? Or does something have to suffer?

What do you think, readers? Suggestions? Ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your comments, hints, questions, suggestions for future blogs...