Sunday, September 14, 2008

History Lesson

Before I get too in-depth with the whole "imperfect living" theory, I thought you, dear reader, might appreciate a little personal history background, so you know exactly where I'm coming from on this topic. So, here goes:

Currently, I am a stay-at-home mother of 2 young girls. My girls are exactly 13 months apart - to the day. We celebrated 2nd and 1st birthdays over the summer. I live in a small house in a smallish town. In our house, we have 2 cats and 2 dogs, in addition to the girls, my husband and myself. We have lived in this house for 5 years now and my husband and I have been married for 4 years.

Prior to the stay-at-home phenomenon, I worked as an editor for a legal publishing firm. I worked there for 4 years and quit just about 5 months ago. Once we took into account the cost of full-time daycare for 2 small children and took a good look at the amount of money I actually made, it basically came down to working to pay for daycare or me staying home with the kids. We decided to give the stay-at-home route a go and so far it's working. This is not to say that it's not a financial burden for us, but we're hanging in there for now. My husband owns his own flooring installation company. He works long hours and lots of weekends, but he's definitely keeping us afloat.

So, there's your basic rundown of how I got to where I am...abbreviated version of course. In the coming days, I hope to address various issues in my (and possibly your) daily life - issues of imperfection I experience as a wife, mother, housekeeper, driver, mind reader, etc. I hope you will stay tuned and join me in the battle for living an imperfect life and being OK with it. Feel free to pass this blog along to other people in your life, if you feel it would interest them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your comments, hints, questions, suggestions for future blogs...